Is your website mobile-ready? Do your email campaigns look great on a smartphone? Will your website load appropriately on a tablet, a pc and on a mobile phone? Ultimately, you want people to engage, respond, and buy things from you and if you are not mobile-ready, it just takes a second for a prospective customer to move on to a website they can actually read easily.
The iPhone was first released in 2007. Now more than 50% of Americans have smartphones. With more and more people choosing to go online with a smartphone or tablet – companies are being forced to join the mobile revolution or risk being left behind. Don’t just take my word for it. Here are 6 stats that justify taking the time and budget to mobilize all your digital assets.
1) Ownership of smartphones surpassed non-smartphones in Sept. 2012, according to comScore’s State of the Internet report Q3 2012.
2) 51% of Christmas Day internet traffic came from mobile. -Mixpanel
3) 87% of C-level executives check the majority of their email via a mobile device. – Campaign Monitor
4) Mobile opens will exceed 50% for most marketers by the end of 2013. -Knotice
5) Email dominated online advertising in 2012 with $39.40 in SALES for each dollar spent. -Bloomberg
6) 90% of smartphone owners access the same email account on mobile and desktop. -ExactTarget
Do you know if your audience is using a smartphone or tablet to access your website? Or to open your emails? There are many new tools that can give you your mobile stats that are inexpensive and easy to use. Many of these did not even exist a couple of years ago.
People now expect the same level of information and access to the internet on their phones as they have/had on their desktop. Marketers need to start optimizing for mobile to effectively reach existing and new customers in a mobile environment. Smart phones and tablets are not novel accessories for early adopters, IT IS THE NEW NORM.