Just to give some perspective. I don’t go to many platform specific conferences anymore. As a new first time dad at age 46 and agency co-founder, I wear many hats and time is short. I have the luxury of selecting which events I attend and which I send someone else. I rarely spend my time at platform specific conferences because they tend to be one dimensional pep rallies. I don’t blame the host. They should be getting customers/users/prospects together, creating identification, group affirmation and drench each other in Koolaid – even hand out trophies and cute buttons. I just prefer more practical and productive forums to attend. I want new and different perspectives. This is why Dreamforce is different.
Technically, it is a platform specific conference BUT it is different. Here are the Top 5 reasons to go:
1) Diverse and Open Community: Where else can you go to meet such a big group of cross-discipline and cross-industry professionals all working under the same roof . . . I mean cloud. Sales, Marketing, Operations, IT, Developers, HR, Customer service, Finance, et al. I bet you could build/staff a killer start-up, CEO to Producers, from just folks you meet or sync up with at Dreamforce.
2) Free Limited passes: Keynotes, Expo and networking at no cost! So take the saving and buy a comfortable pair of shoes. No excuse not to go. I think it is important to allow some access at no cost to continue to expand the community. This benefits everyone. Thank You Uncle Beni.
3) $1,000,000 Dreamforce Hackathon. Developers, designers and entrepreneurs all competing to build the most awesome mobile app using the power of the Salesforce Platform. What a great way to inspire developers to build next generation mobile apps. Kudos to Salesforce for inspiring and rewarding their community.
4) Blondie and Green Day! Okay, this reason may be personal and date me but those high school/college years are foundational. “The new music these days is just not the same,” says Every Old Guy.
5) You meet the nicest people! The open collaborative environment, active online community and let’s all get-it-done culture personifies itself on and offline. Everyone can use more nice people in their lives. Meeting and seeing what innovative people are doing in the Cloud is a bonus.
See you all there! @_ironMichael and the Iron-Point Team will be at #DF13